Sunday, 13 November 2016

Robes

People think it is a funny sight to see people swimming in the river in November. 

When ever we get onlookers we get some attention. 

My sister quite likes to have someone around. It's so that they can rescue us if need be!! 

Anyway I think she is thinking of ways to attract more spectators, because she has now made TWO changing robes ( I hasten to add it was her modelling the one last week-not me). She expects us to walk around the beauty spots of the Yorkshire Dales wearing matching blue smocks on top of various other strange layers ( I wore my onesie his week) as we try to warm up, post swim. 

There could be reports of sightings of a new religious sect, that enjoys cold water swimming, chasing dogs, wearing wolly hats, with bikinis and long blue smocks. Not necessarily in that order. 

I tried to disguise mine with a poncho before we saw members of the public. 

The river was really high this week with all the snow ( yes we had snow this week) melt from the hills rushing down. We thought it might not be safe to get in. But we found a little pool at the side which had its own mini swirly current going on and we just stayed at the side. 

The  food was pot noodles, pumpkin soup and cold pizza. The  weather was mild and the company was lovely. 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment